The two main contributions of this report are:
- A new distributed file system with support for mobile computing.
- Guidelines for implementing a transactional facility there upon.
The fulfillment of the goals for the distributed file system is
discussed in Section 8.2.
As for the guidelines for a transactional facility--I have
- given my ideas to which properties the transactions should have,
- specified a new algorithm for optimistic concurrency control,
- specified transaction primitives, and
- given a rich example of how I foresee the transactions used.